Copyright 2020 Affordable Family Law.
All Rights Reserved.

8:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Hours Mon. - Sat.


Call For Free Consultation


Arizona Quitclaim Deed

Affordable Family Law, Inc. > Arizona Quitclaim Deed
  • Maricopa County
  • $ 200 /includes recording fee
    • We prepare.
    • We record.
    • Recorded in about 10 days.
  • Place Order
  • Anywhere Else in Arizona
  • $ 200 /includes recording fee
    • We prepare.
    • We record.
    • Recorded in about 10 days.
  • Place Order
Better Business Bureau for Affordable Family Law

Contact Us!

Phoenix: (602) 283-3800

Peoria: (623) 444-5700

Mesa: (480) 626-7878

A quitclaim deed (sometimes called a “quit claim deed” or “quick claim deed”) is used to transfer ownership or add someone to the title / deed of an Arizona home.


Quit Claim Deed Preparation


Quit Claim Deed SignatureA quit claim deed can be used to transfer ownership of an Arizona home, or to add / remove people from the title.


For example, a quit claim deed might be used to transfer ownership. One spouse may quit claim a deed to the ex in a divorce. However, it should be noted that the mortgage is a separate issue. Removing a spouse from the deed does not remove them from the mortgage. Please contact your bank about this!


Another example of this would be someone gifting a home to someone else. We often prepare quit claims for parents, who are leaving / giving their home to a child. The parent names are removed completely in this example.


Or, a quit claim deed could be used to add people to a title or deed. Perhaps someone owns a home and would like to add another person or persons to the title. An example of this might be an investor who takes on a partner, and wants the partner added to the deed. Maybe a parent wants to add children to a deed, but remain on the deed also.


Often, when refinancing or obtaining a new mortgage, a bank will ask that one person signs a quit claim deed at closing. This often happens if one spouse does not have good credit. Perhaps you’d like to add your spouse back to the deed now that the loan has funded.


A quit claim can be also be used to add or remove multiple people from an Arizona home deed or title. For example, let’s say five siblings owned a home together as an investment, but two of the siblings want “out”. A quit claim could be used to remove the two siblings, but keep the three investors on title.


Can’t I just prepare it myself?


To be clear, our fee of $150 is to make sure it’s done correctly. That is our fee to have a licensed, insured, bonded Arizona Certified Legal Document Preparer (CLDP) make certain it is done correctly.  Maricopa County also charges a $50 filing fee to file the paperwork at the courthouse. 


If you are do-it-yourself type person, below, you will find information that is important to read and understand before you prepare.


Just click below to open the full instructions from the Maricopa County Recorder’s Office.


Here is the link to the Arizona State Statue ARS 11-480.

This is what you need to know:


11-480. Requirements for form of instruments


A. Only an instrument which upon presentation to a county recorder for recordation fails to meet any of the following conditions may be rejected for recordation at the time of presentation for recordation:


1. Each instrument shall have a caption briefly stating the nature of the instrument, such as warranty deed, release of mortgage and like captions. The county recorder shall have no obligation to index any instrument under any subject index category maintained by the county recorder unless that category is included in the caption to the instrument.


2. Each instrument shall be an original or a copy of the original and shall be sufficiently legible for the recorder to make certified copies from the photographic or micrographic record.


3. Each instrument shall have original signatures except when otherwise provided by law.


4. Each instrument dated and executed on or after January 1, 1991, shall be no larger than eight and one-half inches in width and no longer than fourteen inches and shall have a print size no smaller than ten point type.


B. Each instrument dated and executed on or after January 1, 1991, shall have at least a one-half inch margin across the top, bottom and the left and right sides from the top to the bottom. Any markings, entries or text which are within the one-half inch margin shall be deemed not to impart the notice otherwise imparted by recordation unless such markings, entries or text appear in the reproduction produced under the direction and control of the county recorder. Failure to meet the one-half inch margin requirement of this subsection may affect notice imparted by the document but shall not constitute grounds for rejection for recordation pursuant to subsection A.


C. The first page shall have a top margin of at least two inches which shall be reserved for recording information. The left three and one-half inches of the top margin of the first page or sheet may be used by the public to show the name of the person requesting recording and the name and address to which the document is to be returned following recording. If the first page of the instrument does not comply with the top margin requirements, a separate sheet that meets the requirements and that reflects the title of the document as required by subsection A, paragraph 1 shall be attached to the front of the document by the party requesting recording.


D. Any instrument presented to a county recorder for recordation which modifies in any way the provisions of a previously recorded document must state the date of recordation and the docket and page of the document being modified.


E. Any instrument accepted for recordation is not subject to a later claim of invalidity for failure to comply with the requirements of this section.

Have Questions?

Just Call Kate or Mike

Or Email Us!

Uncontested Divorce

in a 1 min. video!