Copyright 2020 Affordable Family Law.
All Rights Reserved.


Call For Free Consultation


Client F.A.Q.

Affordable Family Law, Inc. > Client F.A.Q.

What would be the best thing for me to do to achieve the results I want?

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text]You don’t need a lawyer to get what you want in Family Court. With a thorough understanding of the process and a professional helping you with the paperwork, you can easily get the results you want and save thousands of dollars in the process by remaining self-represented. While we can’t offer legal advice, we are experts when it comes to your paperwork and the Court process. Check out some of our satisfied clients' reviews right here. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]...

Continue reading

I have a different address now, but the final paperwork for my case has already been filed with the Court. How can I receive a copy from the Court?

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text]Unfortunately, it is no longer possible to file an Address Update with the Court at this point in your case. You thus have two options. You can either set up a forwarding address at the post office or register for the Electronic Court Records to have access to a virtual copy of the paperwork.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]...

Continue reading

If I decide to stop the process, what is your refund policy?

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text]We offer a 48-hour refund policy so long as no paperwork has been prepared. Additionally, you may incur a $100 or more administrative fee if our office has spent significant time reviewing your information or consulting with you. Once documents are prepared, our office can not offer any refunds. If you have further questions, please contact us and we will help you out![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]...

Continue reading

I didn’t receive a copy of the paperwork finalizing my divorce. Now what?

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text]Because our office does not receive a copy of the final paperwork, you will most likely have to register for the Electronic Court Records to access a virtual copy of those documents. Feel free to send us an email requesting those instructions or you can read more about the Maricopa County Electronic Court Records here. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]...

Continue reading

I want to set up a free consultation. When can I come in?

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text]We offer free consultations over the phone. We are not able to offer in-person consultations at this time. We usually can offer the free consultation on the spot. If we cannot provide the consultation on the spot, we will schedule a time to give you a call back. To speak with someone from our team, please call us at 602-283-3800, extension 1, or send us an email at calls@affordablefamilylaw.co. We also accept new client inquiries at affordablefamilylaw.co. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]...

Continue reading

Does your fee include the Court filing fee?

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text]No, our document preparation fee does not include the Court filing fee(s) or process service fees. All fees to the Court or to a process server will be paid separately. The Court offers a fee deferral program for the filing fee that is determined by income and number of dependents. Meaning, if you don’t make “too much” money, you could make payments as low as $10 a month towards the Court filing fee. Please let us know if you would...

Continue reading

I just submitted payment. What’s next?

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text]Thank you for your payment! After submitting your order, you will be directed to our client intake form. Not ready to fill out the intake form? That’s okay - you will also be emailed a link to the intake form to complete when you are ready. Complete the intake form to the best of your ability. Provide as much detail and specific information as possible so that our team can prepare the legal documents. If you need to pause while working...

Continue reading

I sent your office an email/called earlier. When can I expect to hear back from you?

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text]Thank you for reaching out! Someone from our team will be in touch with you within 48 hours of receiving your message. Our primary form of communication is by email, but you may also expect to receive phone calls from our office throughout the process. If you have waited 48 hours and haven't heard from us, please feel free to give us a call at 602-283-3800 and one of our team members will assist you. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]...

Continue reading

I hired a process server. What happens next?

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text]Your process server should be reaching out to you after they attempt to serve the other party in your case. Our office will need you to forward us the Affidavit of Service/Non-Service that the process server should send you after they have completed service. If they do not provide that document to you, you will need to reach out to them in order to request a copy to send to our office.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]...

Continue reading

When will I know that my case has been finalized?

[vc_row triangle_shape="no"][vc_column][vc_column_text]The Court will mail you a copy of your Decree once it is finalized. The decree will have the Judge’s signature and stamp indicating it has been finalized. Because our office does not receive a copy of this, you might have to check the Court Docket to check on the status. You can do this by going to the Court Docket website and inputting your case number.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]...

Continue reading